All groups/organisations that use the premises are required to read these terms and conditions and agree to abide by them by signing the Lettings Contract. This will be signed by the nominated person from each group/ organisation.
‘The Emmanuel Centre’ means the Emmanuel Centre Management Company, its employees and agents.
Purpose of use
- The accommodation shall only be used for the purposes stated on the application, and within the hours agreed in the letting agreement issued by the Emmanuel Centre. The Hirer shall be responsible for ensuring these conditions of occupation are observed.
- The Hirer shall not assign or sublet the whole or any part of the benefit of this agreement.
- No interference is to be made with Emmanuel Centre property/equipment/premises which do not form part of the letting.
Health and Safety
- The Hirer is responsible for the effective supervision of the arrangements and activities in the premises during the period of hire and for the prevention of disorderly behaviour so as to ensure that no nuisance or annoyance arises to the occupiers of adjoining premises or neighbouring residents and shall behave reasonably at all times.
- The Emmanuel Centre fire, emergency and evacuation procedures will be forwarded to the Hirer and it the Hirer’s responsibility to ensure that the whole party are aware of these procedures. The Hirer shall be required to take any precautions necessary to ensure the safety of those attending during the period of hire, including ensuring the means of escape from fire are not blocked or impeded.
- The Hirer will immediately inform the Emmanuel Centre of any emergency, accident or serious incident that occurs on the Emmanuel Centres premises. This should be done in person and may require the applicant telephoning (specify who and provide contact telephone number) the Centre Coordinator or the Chair of the Centre Management Company. The Hirer will be responsible for reporting to the Health and Safety Executive any accident that arises from activities that it organises.
- Hirers providing services to children and or vulnerable adults at the Emmanuel Centre, must have policies and procedures in place to ensure children’s safety, and must provide evidence of these to the Emmanuel Centre as required e.g. Safeguarding Policy and CRB Checks. The Emmanuel Centre will expect Safeguarding provisions to broadly match its own policy ( copies of which are available by application to the Centre Coordinator)
- By law only those who are supervised by someone holding an up to date Food Hygiene Certificate may use the main catering kitchen. Therefore the Hirer is required to provide a copy of such a current valid certificate before any Kitchen booking can be taken.
Payment of Hire Charges and Deposit
- Hire charges shall be due and payable 7 days before the date of the booking unless agreed otherwise with The Emmanuel Management Company.
- The Emmanuel Centre reserves the right to require a deposit over and above the hiring charge as a surety against damage to the premises (including any equipment) or the premises being left in an unacceptable condition necessitating their incurring additional cost for cleaning, caretaking or other expenses.
Responsibility of the Hirer for Good Order and Safety
- The Hirer shall be responsible for any damage to the Emmanuel Centre property, equipment or buildings caused by them or their guests. The Hirer must report any such damage to the Emmanuel Centre immediately. The Hirer shall repay to the Emmanuel Centre on demand the cost of re-instating or replacing any part of the premises or any of the property on the premises which shall be damaged, destroyed, stolen, or removed during the period of hire or prior or subsequent thereto if in relation to or by reason of the hiring. Any such costs will be in addition to the specified lettings charges.
- The Hirer shall ensure that all accommodation is left in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the letting. Using litterbins and recycling facilities as appropriate will help this.
- The Hirer must obtain express permission from the Emmanuel Centre to leave any equipment on the premises. The Hirer is responsible for any equipment they leave on the premises and shall ensure that such equipment is in good repair and after use, safely stowed away. Items no longer required by the Hirer, or deemed by the Emmanuel Centre to be unsafe or beyond repair or else unsafely stored on the Premises shall be promptly removed by the Hirer on demand. If such request is not complied with by the Hirer within *, the items may be disposed of by the Emmanuel Centre and the Hirer shall reimburse the Emmanuel Centre for any expense which it incurs.
- The Emmanuel Centre shall not be responsible for any article brought or left in any part of the premises, or theft or loss of, or damage to vehicles parked in any car park provided.
- The Hirer shall comply with any reasonable instructions given by members of the Emmanuel Centre staff or Management Company.
- Alcohol is not allowed to be consumed or sold on the premises. Illegal drugs are not to be brought onto or consumed on the Emmanuel Centre premises.
- There shall not be brought onto the premises anything of an inflammable, dangerous or noxious character.
- Smoking is not allowed on the Emmanuel Centre premises at any time.
- No nails or fastenings shall be driven into any wall, floor, ceiling or partition of the premises without the permission of the Emmanuel Centre.
Indemnity & Insurance
- The Emmanuel Centre disclaim liability for injury or damage to persons or property upon its premises (so far as they are legally able to do so).
- The Hirer agrees to indemnify the Emmanuel Centre, its employees and agents against all actions, proceedings, claims, damages, awards or costs in respect of loss, damage, death or personal injury during the period of hire or before or after that time if such death or injury in any way related to the hire of the premises except where such death or injury occurs as a result of the negligence or breach of duty of the Emmanuel Centre or its agents or employees.
- No advertising shall be permitted except without the prior written consent of the Emmanuel Centre.
- The Emmanuel Centre reserve the right to cancel the booking at any time without notice and without assigning any reason, but will endeavour to give as much notice as possible. In such circumstances, the Emmanuel Centre will refund any monies paid in respect of the letting so cancelled but will not be responsible for any loss or expenditure whatsoever in relation to the letting which the Hirer may have incurred or be liable to pay. The Emmanuel Centre reserves the right to refuse any application for Hire as it may deem fit or withdraw permission for any letting at any time.
- If the Hirer cancels their booking 10 or more working days before the date of the booking, the full fee and deposit will be refunded to the Hirer. If less than 10 working days notice is given, only 50% of deposit will be returned. If less than 5 working days notice is given by the Hirer, there will be no refund of the deposit.
- The applicants will complete all relevant paperwork in a true and accurate way. False information may lead to an application being terminated.